Thread: Windows explorer, desktop icons and task bar are missing

Windows explorer, desktop icons and task bar are missing

My friend borrowed my laptop for two days. He return the same back today. Now when I turned it on there is a problem with the system. First of all when I try to open my computer it does not opens up. Sometime there is no desktop icon on the screen and the task bar is also missing. The system goes well on the welcome screen but after that there is nothing. There is just an empty background. I am not able to access any of my files.

It looks like some kind of virus issue to me. I will advice you to simply run system restore which is one of the best option to fix the issue. I think there i a virus in your system due to which explorer.exe is crashing. I will recommend you to simply run restore and then test back. Try to boot in safe mode and then again test back. In safe mode you will be able to find more options in troubleshooting the system. Just run system restore once and then test back. I think that will be more appropriate in fixing the issue.

Re: Windows explorer, desktop icons and task bar are missing

You will need to run a repair setup of windows. Your system is infected with virus and due to which all things disappear from the screen. Via windows bootable disc you can simply run a repair setup which is more better here. It will replace the damage system file and windows will boot properly. The next thing you can do is simply download and install a good antivirus in your pc. Scan your pc thoroughly and then test back.

When my system was infected with virus some months ago the situation was exactly same. In safe mode I was able to boot the system an scanned my pc also. But it did not helped much. After taking data backup the only option left was to format the pc completely. After cleaning the system windows started working properly and there was no issue at all. So you will also need to do the same thing. You will need to install windows back.

The best part of having a branded system here is that you can simply restore your system back as it was to its original factory settings with simple recovery options. While in regular systems we have to go manually by installing everything one by one. When my laptop was affected with virus issue I just ran complete system recovery and the issue was resolved. Anti-malware cannot help much here. I tried all scanning stuff under safe mode but that id not helped.