Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP stuck in setup restart sequence

Windows XP Support

Old 15-05-2008

XP stuck in setup restart sequence

In my family somebody added another user account onto our computer. After that, it will boot to the welcome screen but neither my account or mom's would respond. I tried many solutions using F8 and del from opening screen but nothing worked. The option of F5 gives me safe mode options, F8 gives me booting frm hard drive or a CDRom, and Del gives me a setup with Cmos, Bios, etc. So, after deleting this new user account from the safe mode, the issue was still not solved. I have done a system restore but there was no effect on the welcome screen. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks.

Old 15-05-2008

Re: XP stuck in setup restart sequence

This issue may occur if a device driver conflict occurs during the hardware detection phase of Windows XP installation. When a device driver conflict occurs, a Stop error is generated. By default, Windows XP is designed to restart the computer when such an error occurs. For more information visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891892&SD=tech
Old 15-05-2008

You can try to run defrag and chkdsk to check the file and disk integrity. Also, if you have symantec antivirus then it could be a possible problem to the issue that you are facing. You can try to boot from the recovery disk and try to repair the system and check if that works or not.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: