Thread: Don't know which sound card I have

Don't know which sound card I have

Is there anyone who can tell me how to find out which sound card I have got. I am using a Dell machine and I have got a Audio Software Integrated Soundblaster and they have supplied an Audigy Advanced with motherboard CD. I actually wanted to reinstall Windows and after installing all the drivers from the Dell disk, I still need software for an IDT High Definition Codec. Does anyone know from where I can get it? Thanks.

Re: Don't know which sound card I have

Have you tried to check the Dell Support websire for updated drivers for your exact make or model computer and download and install them per their instructions. Incase you want to know what any of the software/hardware that came with your pc is, then use the SErvice Tag number on the pc to look at it:

http://support.dell.com/support/DPP/...t=y&redirect=1

Re: Don't know which sound card I have

Thank you for the reply. I have already checked the dell site using the service tag but it was not helpful as it could be in that many of the drivers dont seem to apply to my system. Do you have any other solution?

Incase if the sttray.exe in the system tray file is for SigmaTel then uninstall the SigmaTel drivers and then let us know about your pc make and model. Also tell us what kind of motherboard is it and what is the chipset and audio adapter if possible.

Thanks, I have uninstalled the Sigmatel Drivers and I have a Dell Dimension 9200. I dont know what audio adapter I have, dell tells me that it is an "Audi Software Integrated Soundblaster" but looking inside the case I am not able to find anything that indicates the manufacturer. Where can I find information about the audio device? Thanks.

It is the manufacturer who bought all the seperate chips and assembled them onto the motherboard. So, everything you need will be readily available from the Dells support site and it will also let you know about how to reinstall the OS and component drivers.