Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows/SoftwareDistribution folder

Windows XP Support

Old 13-05-2008

Windows/SoftwareDistribution folder

I have a Windows XP Home running with Service Pack 3. Don?t know why Windows/SoftwareDistribution folder on my pc is getting bigger an d bigger day by day. As of now it is about 500MB in size. This problem is going since long time. Earlier I use to rename this file something to SD_old and windows use to create a new file again. I have delete one of the SD_old from the system but dint faced anything going wrong.

SO I just wanted to confirm whether it is safe to delete this file? Also is it safe to delete from normal mode or do we need to do it from Safe Mode?

Old 13-05-2008

Re: Windows/SoftwareDistribution folder

Hello Robert, you should check the Event Viewer on your PC. You should find some error log saying something ?"Cannot create the > F:/WINDOWS/SoftwareDistribution/ReportingEvents.log. Make sure the path and filename are correct". These should be a OK button. Here you need to "Click OK and another box appears..." should read "Click Cancel etc".

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support