Thread: IE Internet Explorer opens multiple windows repeatedly

IE Internet Explorer opens multiple windows repeatedly

I am facing problem every now and then, with Internet Explorer. I am not able to use the same. When I try to run it suddenly multiple windows starts opening repeatedly. I hope this not some kind of trojan or virus. I had am getting different ad popup on the screen constantly over and over. And all of them simply belong to an single website. I had shut down the computer to to fix the issue but when I turn on the system back and launch the web browser the problem appear back.

I think there is a virus in your pc. I will recommend you to scan your system for the same. Just check for virus and then test back. I am sure that will be more than enough to fix the problem you are facing. Just simply run a full system scan under safe mode and then test back. I am sure that will be simply more than enough to fix the issue, but if that does not work then the only option left is to scan your pc back in safe mode. Which is one of the best way to deal with the problem you are facing.

Well.. I'm facing the same issue. IE6. I've Symantec Antivirus latest patches and Symantec Protection Agent running. Still it keeps on happening. Atleast 8-10 times in last 6 months is there any solution? is it a virus or a Trojan.. really worried.

I too think that there is a virus issue on your pc. You must scan your pc properly. And if nothing works then the last option left is to format your pc and install everything back again. I am having Norton here. It is one of the best antivirus to deal with problem you are facing. You must simply scan your pc well with a good antivirus tool to locate the threat. Try to backup your data first. If you own a branded system then you can run a complete system recovery also.

Re: IE Internet Explorer opens multiple windows repeatedly

I had simply experienced some odd browser behavior. This occurred after installing recent security update. But before that everything was working fine. There was no issue at all. Somehow when I try to open IE it freezes. And after a few second there are constant popups on the screen. I am actually unable to find any solution for the same. I had checked for the problem inside event viewer which shows some problem with IE. Even after removing the same I am still getting the problem.

First check your keyboard if it is a wireless type problem may be with it.

This problem almost drove me mental every time I touched a key computer opened IO and kept on opening more pages of IO I changed back to a wired key board and all was well. I then changed back to wireless board and fault returned.

I have IE 8, and the same thing happens to me. But I don't have weatherbug, and it seems to happen to any program the first time I open it after starting up the computer. Can you help at all? We have already scaned the computer with Norton, Windows Security Center, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

I've just started having the same problem too. When I open IE, it starts opening tabs over and over again. First it gives me a message indicating "the name on the security certificate is invalid" but this is a valid website, and when I open in google chrome, it's all good and I can surf. I can't even open IE to see what version it is, but I'm assuming 8.0. The way I have my system configured is that it goes through opendns first. We've done deep scans with avast, and can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiwebby View Post
    I've just started having the same problem too. When I open IE, it starts opening tabs over and over again. First it gives me a message indicating "the name on the security certificate is invalid" but this is a valid website, and when I open in google chrome, it's all good and I can surf. I can't even open IE to see what version it is, but I'm assuming 8.0. The way I have my system configured is that it goes through opendns first. We've done deep scans with avast, and can't find anything. Any suggestions?
    Sounds to me, if your pc is infected or something, have you tried scanning your pc with some antivirus softwares? Also did you try to uninstall and reinstall the version of the internet explorer you have installed in your computer? You can uninstall it by going into add or remove programs and then by clicking on windows components, you will be able to see the IE icon, from their just untick the IE icon and it will be uninstalled. Download the IE 8 version from microsoft and double click on it to install it and then in windows component tick the IE icon.