Thread: How to reset login password in Windows XP professional

How to reset login password in Windows XP professional

Need some urgent help from you guys. I am having a Dell desktop that is almost 2 years old. Now I was out of the city for last 2 months due to some office work and now when I returned, I tried more than 50 passwords on this desktop but am unable to login. Surely I forgot my password and there is no other user account, except one admin account.

Now how can I reset the password for the same and log in ?

That’s not so difficult in Windows XP. You just need to login into Safe mode. Reboot the system and keep hitting F8. When you get to the boot screen select Safe Mode and Enter it. Now login to windows default Admin Account that wont ask password for login. Once logged in you can reset your password from the control panel or create a new account. Once you changed the password, come to the normal mode and enjoy.

Re: How to reset login password in Windows XP professional

I have been through this problem many times and here is how I fix it without entering to safe mode. While installing Windows, you must have noticed that system creates a default Admin account with blank password. So when you come to login screen (in normal mode), press Ctrl + Alt + Del twice. It will bring up classic login menu.

Here you just need to type Administrator as user name and leave the password blank. Hit enter and you will be logged in. From here, I hope you know what you have to do.
    Last edited by Alexisxy; 16-10-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Re: How to reset login password in Windows XP professional

As I can see there are several methods that are proposed by forum members for password recovery, some of those are free and others are paid. I want to give you perfect solution, just download windows password recovery. You can reset your lost windows password with windows installation CD, just search for it and you will find the step by step procedure.

If it doesnt work then Stellar Phoenix Password recovery software will be helpful for you.