Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Win XP I can't install printer, error message says print spooler service not running

Windows XP Support

Old 12-05-2008

Win XP I can't install printer, error message says print spooler service not running

I am not able to install printer on Windows XP and getting error message that states - print spooler service not running. Is there anyone who can help me out? Thanks

Old 12-05-2008

re: Win XP I can't install printer, error message says print spooler service not running

All you need to do is just start the print spoole service.
Old 12-05-2008

Follow the below steps to solve this issue:
  1. First of all you need to go to System Properties > Advanced
  2. After that select Performance > Settings and then select Data Execution Prevention
  3. Now you need to select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select
  4. After that click add and then paste this in to the file name box of the window that opens: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
  5. You need to select Open and then click OK when you receive the warning and then click Apply

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,