Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CTRl Alt Del Login screen not showing

Windows XP Support

Old 11-05-2008

CTRl Alt Del Login screen not showing

Last week I had faced severe virus issue on my pc. There are tons of trojan virus detected. I scanned my system in safe mode which looks to be working fine. But now a new problem started on my system. When I press Ctrl + Alt + Del on the welcome screen I cannot see the login box. It use to come before. I able to boot in safe mode. I need some help here to restore the settings back. I hope there will be some option available that can allow me to fix the problem.

Old 11-05-2008

Re: CTRl Alt Del Login screen not showing

I will advice you to re-install windows xp. That is the only way to wipe out all kinds of error from your system. When there is virus in your pc it modifies various file making your system completely unstable. It is not easy to clean them completely. Once you format your system everything is wiped out. I had did the same and my system is working fine. I think some internal settings related to user switching is affected.
Old 11-05-2008

The best thing to do here is keep a system image file ready in your pc. You can format your pc using a XP disc. And when everything is restored back it is essential that you must simply use tool like Acornis and create a system image file. It is more easy at the time of restoration. Acornis allows you to create a bootable system restore option which install xp back again with all drivers and software installed in the pc. It works fine and good in terms of restoration.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,