Thread: SP3 and Dlink Wireless NIC problem (partially solved)

SP3 and Dlink Wireless NIC problem (partially solved)

I recently assembled a new computer with Dlink DWL-G510B wireless NIC. Installed Windows XP Pro edition without any problem. Installation went fine without any problem and system worked well for the next two days. AT this point I downloaded Service pack 3 and installed on XP. Since now whenever I reboot the system I first get greeted with an error message saying:

"AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

Is it the problem because of SP3? I guess so because seems like SP3 installs a new version wlanapi.dll that is not compatible with AirGCFG.exe. However there is not any problem in the NIC’s functionality, it works fine. I thought replacing the new wlanapi.dll file with any older version will fix the problem but I’m not able to find it anywhere. Even I tried contacting Dlink regarding this but they were unable to help.

Can you guys please help me out in anyway? Many thanks.

RE: SP3 and Dlink Wireless NIC problem (partially solved)

Hey Robbon, you are not alone with the said problem. Even I am also having the same error. I tried searching Google and other sites but dint found anything helpful so far. Hope someone here can provide us some working fix for this.

Re: SP3 and Dlink Wireless NIC problem (partially solved)

Hey guys, i dont think DLink has any intention to work on this problem and provide some patch kind of thing. So here is my personal experience with the error mentioned above. I faced it earlier and fixed it successfully. What you need to do is disabling AirGCFG.exe as a TSR. Thats it.

In order to disable the AirGCFG you can use applications such as Windows Defender. Also go to msconfig and disable the same from Start Up list. Let me know if you guys need any more help.