Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

AVG free edition of 8.0

Windows XP Support

Old 10-05-2008

AVG free edition of 8.0

Earlier I was using AVG Free version 7.5 on my Windows XP SP2 laptop. With this version I use to have a AVG icon in the system tray which was easy to access the other options of this security suite. Yesterday I saw a newer version and hence I updated mine to Version 8.0. Now the problem is it wont generate icon in the system tray like the earlier version.

However I am able to go All Programs > AVG free 8.0 > click on AVG Free tray Icon. This sends AVG icon to my System Tray but the problem is it stays there until I reboot the system. On the next startup, again the icon disappears from system tray. Is there any way I can put that icon permanently in tray for AVG 8.0?

Please help.

Old 10-05-2008

Re: AVG free edition of 8.0

I guess it would have been disabled from System Startup. Simply go to Start > Run > type MSCONFIG > Enter. Now click on Start up tab, see if avgtray is there and checked. If not , check it and restart the system. Let me know the results.
Old 10-05-2008

Re: AVG free edition of 8.0

Thank you very much for the help Jean. You were right. I found it disabled in the startup. Loaded and restarted the system and now kooks like the icon is in the task bar and all is well.

I appreciate your help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,