Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Shortcut to minimize a single window

Windows XP Support

Old 05-05-2008

Shortcut to minimize a single window

I was thinking to do this after minimizing Outlook Express. I am using a keyboard and mouse with a different programmable keys but I am not able to find a shortcut to minimize just one window in use. Is there such a thing like this? Thanks for any information.

Old 05-05-2008

Re: Shortcut to minimize a single window

You can press alt+space which displays the main Windows System menu and from it you can try to restore, move, resize, minimize, maximize, or close the window. You can also refer to the below link for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449
Old 06-05-2008

Thanks for the reply, I didnt think of that but you have to click on the system menu window to get to the options and it is available as single click by mouse hovering to the top bar. I was just thinking that I could minimize the window with a programmed mouse click. I've done one or two things that way.
Old 06-05-2008

You can try to press the alt+space bar that will open the window and then "n" to minimize. If you are able to program that sequence then it might work for you.
Old 06-05-2008

Thanks for that, it is working properly. Now I will try to check if I can program the keyboard or the mouse to use it.
Old 07-05-2008

I am using a multimedia keyboard with Keyboard Hotkey Setting. You can also try to assign some keys to particular function including minimize, maximize, etc. It comes with a Multimedia keyboard driver that always runs using more than 20mb memory.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,