Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Question On "FLASH OCX" error message....

Windows XP Support

Old 05-05-2008

Question On "FLASH OCX" error message....

How to fix Flash OCX error message. I am getting this problem constantly on my system. It appears as the system starts. I checked everything in my pc. There is nothing like flash ocx. There is no associated application installed or any other stuff. What should I do to get rid of the error message I am facing. I performed windows update also but that also did not worked well. I hope there will be some option available that can fix the problem. I also tried system restore. It did not worked.

Old 05-05-2008

Re: Question On "FLASH OCX" error message....

I think this is some kind of virus or malware. I will recommend you to scan your pc under safe mode. Perform a full system scan and then check back. Just run a complete antivirus scanning under safe mode. Go in msconfig startup and check any associated file which is causing the problem. Some startup services might be causing the crash due to which you are getting that problem. If nothing is found then the last thing you can do is update adobe flash. That might fix the issue.
Old 06-05-2008

The error is associated with flash player. But it updates automatically. I too think this would be some kind of malware. Download Super Anti-Spyware and install it in your pc. Run the scan. See whether it is able to find something or not. To update flash download it from the official site only. Do not use any third party website or updater. That might add threats. You can visit the adobe site for update.
Old 14-05-2008

I got that error after installing a screensaver. Which was having some flash based content. Whenever the screen saver was launched I got the error on screen. The file error which you are getting on your screen is usually located inside C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. If any application need flash.ocx and it is not available then you get such errors. Just download and install flash in your pc. That will fix the issue.
Old 16-05-2008

Run windows update and then check back. Mostly the error appear for Internet Explorer. It is recommended that you must simply go on the below link and download the latest flash version. In the below link you can download Adobe Flash player on the basis of OS. You can choose from different versions. I am sure that will be simply enough to fix the issue. Try some older version first and then check back.

Adobe Flash Player Download

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,