Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Moviemaker 6.0 and AVCHD - CPU needed

Windows XP Support

Old 05-05-2008

Moviemaker 6.0 and AVCHD - CPU needed

I usually need to work with Movie Maker, it is my professional job. Most of the files I require to work use to be in AVCHD file format. Hence first I did some research and found on one of the Microsoft pages that Premium edition of OS use to support AVCHD files. Hence I bought a new laptop with Windows Vista Premium having Core 2 Duo at 2.1 Ghz with Nvidia 256 MB 8100 graphic card.

Now the problem am facing is its Movie Maker still not reading AVCHD files. What to do now? Please help.

Old 05-05-2008

I'm not sure which Microsoft page tells you that AVCHD is supported in Premium editions. Vista Premium and Ultimate editions use to come with MovieMaker 6 and they have support for HD, not the AVCHD format. You should better lookj for some another applications which are compatible with AVCHD file type or alternatively you can first convert the files in WMV and then import them to MM.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,