Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is Movie Maker on Vista compatible with XP

Windows XP Support

Old 01-05-2008

Is Movie Maker on Vista compatible with XP

I started a project in Movie Maker on a computer that has Vista on it and I want to finish it up on a computer that has XP on it. When I am trying then get the message that I am doing it using a version that is not compatible. Can anyone tell me how to make it compatible? Is it even possible to play the same project on XP computer? Thanks.

Old 01-05-2008

Re: Is Movie Maker on Vista compatible with XP

Actually, the vista .mswmm project files are not compatible with Movie Maker on Windows XP. So when you publish the video on Vista computer, then you should be able to view it in Windows Media Player on the Windows XP computer. Check the below link on how to publish a movie in windows movie maker:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ws-movie-maker
Old 05-06-2008

Re: Is Movie Maker on Vista compatible with XP

I am using Windows Media player 11 in my XP system. I want to play mswmm files on it but it is not working. Can anyone tell me how to play the same files? Thanks.
Old 14-06-2008

Normally, the mswmm files are Movie Maker project files and not video files that can play it. You will have to publish the movies into Avi or Wmv files so that it can be played on any computer.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,