Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Group Policy security and system shut down!

Windows XP Support

Old 30-04-2008

Group Policy security and system shut down!

My hard drive is not working fine. I am getting a popup on my screen related to some backup. So just to stay on the safer side I purchased a new hard disk and installed that on my pc. I also installed Acronis True Image. When I tried to run backup I got error. I had removed all the passwords and other stuff. Now the backup is done. I am trying to apply a policy by which I can automatically shutdown the pc at a specific time. I am getting error for the same. Can anyone help me here.

Old 02-05-2008

Can be some issue with gpo. You will need to configure a vbscript to use gpo effectively. There is another good way of fixing the issue. You can download and install some good automatic shutdown timer software. It is available on the web and configure the time. Compare to gpo that will be a more easier option for you and it will really work properly. There are ample of shutdown timer software available on web which works fine.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,