Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Help Dell D600 Laptop

Windows XP Support

Old 28-04-2008

Re: Help Dell D600 Laptop

I recently won a Dell D600 laptop and all the things looks to be working fine except that I dont know whether there is a network card on the system, although the spec says it has a wired and wireless lan. When I went in the Device Manager then there is a yellow question mark at Other Devices. All other devices like Ethernet Controller, PCI Modem, etc have a question mark. Any ideas?

Old 28-04-2008

Re: Help Dell D600 Laptop

It might have been good if you had for the CDs with the laptop. There could be a service tag # below on the laptop, if you can find it then you can put that in their website and they will know intantly what hardware you have installed.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/...roductSelector
Old 28-04-2008

Yeah, check the bottom of the laptop for the Service Tag Number. Take the number to the Dell support website, and you will be able to see the complete list of the hardware installed on the unit that you have and then download the proper drivers for that laptop. It sounds like the basic drivers were just not installed, though the hardware is basically identified.
Old 28-04-2008

Alright, I went to their website and downloaded some network driver filesand burned those to a CD. After that I expanded the exe files and one of them was the network driver I needed. I have now got the lan connection to the internet. I will now try to find the wireless Lan that is supposed to be on the pc.
Old 30-04-2008

Also after installing the wireless network, check if the wireless switch is on or not on the laptop. There might be a switch to turn on wireless lan that might be located on the left side. After turning it on you will see a green wifi light on the right side on the display.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,