Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer set

Windows XP Support

Old 26-04-2008

Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer set

I am on Windows XP SP2 64bit edition and I am not able to print from any Office 2007 suite and Corel Draw. I am able to pring from notepad and print test page as awell. The printer that I have is of HP company. It has the latest firmware and I have installed and reinstalled the latest drivers for it. I am also able to print from other computers but not this one? Is there any solution for this issue? Thanks

Old 28-04-2008

Re: Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer set

There seems to be a problem with the HP driver softwares. I have checked this when there is registry information created by one version of the driver that is not removed when deleting the driver unless you use the driver uninstall utility that removes the items that are not registered with the spooler process.
Old 01-05-2008

Re: Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer

It could be possible that the Windows Registry has a Damaged Default Printer Entry. So to solve this issue follow the methods given on this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329845
Old 02-09-2010

Re: Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer set

I've used a script posted on the Citrix support Forums to fix the problem. Check http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa...rt=31&tstart=0 (script name CorrectPrinterMappings)

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,