Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

4-bit color after XP SP2 install

Windows XP Support

Old 23-04-2008

4-bit color after XP SP2 install

I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and after removing the existing Windows XP and after a restart, only 4-bit color is available. I am also not able to change the display resolution as well? Can anyone please help?

Old 23-04-2008

Re: 4-bit color after XP SP2 install

Did you try to reinstall your motherboard and video drivers again?
Old 08-02-2009

I have encountered a similar kind of problem, after reinstalling XP Sp2 I have got 640*480 4 bit color. Also I am unable to change the color quality. I have not installed the adapter and drivers of mother board CD...Pls help...thanks...
Old 09-02-2009

The workaround for this issue is to install the proper video drivers and also the mobo drivers. It could be that the mobo also has bios updates that can be installed and it will be helpful. You will have to look ar the motherboard manufacturer's website and then check what you want to download and install. And for the video driver, check the the video chipset website.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,