Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

computer freeze up during game play

Windows XP Support

Old 22-04-2008

computer freeze up during game play

I was playing Diablo 2 on my Windows Xp desktop. Recently I changed few hardwares in this system such as RAM, Graphic Card and DVD ROM. I took all this from my second computer whose Heat sync got damaged. Fortunately all these hardwares were compatible with my system and after attaching, I found some improvement in the performance as well.

But here is the one and only problem. Now when I try running Diablo 2, it starts lagging after few minutes and freezes. It never happened before upgrading the hardwares. Just for testing I also tried installing World of Warcraft and found the same result. Even this game freezes now.

Any idea what has went wrong? Please provide some solution. Thank you.

Old 22-04-2008

Re: computer freeze up during game play

This i just and surely the caus eof wrong video card drivers. If i'm not wrong your older and this new video cards are different right? You should try updating or re-installing the most recent drivers. Go to card manufacturers website, download the drivers, install and restart the system. Now try playing and see if the problem exists. Is still not, then i'll suggest you to simply roll back to your older Graphic card and enjoy the games as there was no problem with that one.
Old 22-04-2008

Re: computer freeze up during game play

Yes you are correct Amitgujaran. It is the driver issue. Check and update all / any drivers of your system hardwares but most importantly update the graphi card driver. If it still freezes, locate and get Memtest86+ and test the RAM. The RAM can be defective and the defective can be accessed mostly in
games. Hope it helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,