Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

installer (msiexec.exe) will not stop

Windows XP Support

Old 20-04-2008

installer (msiexec.exe) will not stop

The problem is getting annoying day by day. This is Windows XP desktop. Its been now more than 2 weeks, whenever i try to install or uninstall anything, i use to get this error every time:

"Another installation is already in progress, Complete that installation before proceeding with this install."

I dont know which installation is it talking about. There is nothing installation going on this PC. No matter i kill the installer from Task Manager or i restart the PC so many times, the error still remains there as it is. I dont know what can else can i do to get rid of this problem. Somebody please provide some help.

Old 21-04-2008

Re: installer (msiexec.exe) will not stop

Most probably the problem is with the installer itself. Well what you need to do is download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and run the same. You can get this for download with more information about the tool here at Microsoft Download Center. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301
Old 28-05-2008

I have a similar problem, but i get the windows installer popping up every few minutes trying to install previously deleted programs. I have downloaded the windows installer clean up untility you mentioned above, but when i try to run this i get this message: StartMsi.vbs - ActiveX component can't create object: WScript.Shell scrip error. Any help appreciated as it is starting to annoy me. Thanks

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,