Thread: installer (msiexec.exe) will not stop

installer (msiexec.exe) will not stop

The problem is getting annoying day by day. This is Windows XP desktop. Its been now more than 2 weeks, whenever i try to install or uninstall anything, i use to get this error every time:

"Another installation is already in progress, Complete that installation before proceeding with this install."

I dont know which installation is it talking about. There is nothing installation going on this PC. No matter i kill the installer from Task Manager or i restart the PC so many times, the error still remains there as it is. I dont know what can else can i do to get rid of this problem. Somebody please provide some help.

Re: installer (msiexec.exe) will not stop

Most probably the problem is with the installer itself. Well what you need to do is download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and run the same. You can get this for download with more information about the tool here at Microsoft Download Center. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301

I have a similar problem, but i get the windows installer popping up every few minutes trying to install previously deleted programs. I have downloaded the windows installer clean up untility you mentioned above, but when i try to run this i get this message: StartMsi.vbs - ActiveX component can't create object: WScript.Shell scrip error. Any help appreciated as it is starting to annoy me. Thanks