Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Case of the disappearing toolbar in XP SP2

Windows XP Support

Old 19-04-2008

Case of the disappearing toolbar in XP SP2

I am having a old Windows XP SP2 pc. I am facing a bit issue with the same. I had configured a toolbar at the bottom which is linked to important files. It is stored inside the D Drive. I had added the toolbar on the task bar below. But when I restart the pc it just disappears. It happens everytime on reboot. I thought once it is applied the toolbar lies at the same place. I have to manually add the same every time.

Old 19-04-2008

Re: Case of the disappearing toolbar in XP SP2

Looks like your profile settings are not applied properly due to which you are getting that problem. Did you tested the same on some different account. You must try it and then check back. This kind of issue mostly appear due to improper profile settings and there is a taskbar repair tool available on the microsoft website which you can use. There are some third party software also available which can allow you to create your own toolbar.
Old 19-04-2008

Try to run system restore and then see what output you get. After running system restore your old settings will be added back. So that can fix the problem you are facing. Basically it never happens. When you add a toolbar or any folder on the task bar it remains there until you remove it finally. But if it is disappearing then the issue lies with the task bar or with profile as mentioned above. Just system restore and then test back.
Old 19-04-2008

It looks like some kind of virus problem to me. Just check your system for the same and see what you get. You can use a good antimalware software to scan your system and then test back. I am sure that will be helpful. System restore can help you here. But for temporary basis only. I got a theming issue long before due to virus. My desktop background just changes to white automatically. After running a virus scan I located ample of threats.
Old 19-04-2008

Try using a third party toolbar or dock for your pc. Like objectdock. It is nice and simple to use. All you need to do is add your folder on the dock and done. It will remain on the screen forever until you remove it manually. I am using the same. I had added all my important folder on the same and it works fine. Instead of wasting time on system restore and virus scanning just get objectdock.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,