Thread: Cannot Save To My Computer

Cannot Save To My Computer

I am editing some videos in Windows XP. I had simply created a video which is around 10 mins longer. When I try to save that I am getting nothing. I am using a video editor software here. The software has no indication on the screen. It just keep on saving the file and never finish it. I am not able to understand where I am doing mistakes. The videos are by default saved in My Videos. I cannot see any output there. Can anyone help me here to deal with the problem. My system is not low on memory.

Re: Cannot Save To My Computer

It can be issue with video compatibility. It is not a issue. You must get any error to get a proper solution here. By the way which software you are using for editing your video files and in which format you are trying to save the same. Try to change the save location and see what output you get.

Looks like issue with the source file. The file that you are using to for video editing. Just check the file is proper or not. I got the issue on Windows Live Movie maker. The source file was a mp4 with some scratches on it. And while saving, Movie Maker simple popped out a error on the screen. I have to cut the scratch part and then it was working well in Movie Maker. Just check your file health or try some other video.

RE: Cannot Save To My Computer

There can be issue with your hard drive. Bad sectors can be the cause of failure. It is better if you try to save the same in some different location. Just put the file in some other location and check back. I am sure it will be working fine. If this work then scan your hard drive for bad sectors and check back.

Try a different video editor. Try TVC or ImToo. This are some of the best video editing software. Even if there is a problem in your video, TV or ImToo will be able to convert it. It definitely does not fix the same, but it is capable of converting the same and give you appropriate output. Sometime the problem also appear due to a improper codec in the system. Download and install K-Lite Codec pack and then see what output you get.

I want to add something here. I am using a video that I had captured from a digital camera. The image recording was well. It is a high resolution image. I copied the movie to my hard drive and using a video editor to convert it in mp4. But everytime at the end I am getting a error as conversion failed. This is just so annoying. Later on I changed the video editor tool that I was using and the problem is restored.

Looks like some kind of performance issue. Does it take really long time for your system go give appropriate output. Video editing tools need a good amount system hardware. Low ram can cause the problem. Try to turn of all background applications. Change the location of the file that you are trying to convert and then check back.

First play the video. It is necessary that you test the video file. You can use media player classic for the same. Second reason behind your issue is video file size. If it is very large then it will take time to save it completely. You have to wait back. The output time depend on the system performance. If it is low on hardware then kind of issue appear or else you can simply ignore the issue.

Workarounds when encountering the "virtual memory" error in Moviemaker

These worked for me:

1. delete any clips (BOTH from your movie and from your Collection) for which you changed the content (especially, the length). RENAME them, then add them back to your Collection and film.

2. Delete clips from the end of the movie, then add them back, in order.

3. MINIMIZE the amount of editting you do to clips imbedded in the movie.

4. Use other software to build the soundtrack, then import it as a single file.

5. ...and I bet this fixes very nearly EVERY virtual memory problem you'll ever encounter...

a. divide a long movie into short enough segments so that you can MM will create a film from them (then, when all your segments are complete...

b. ...paste them back together using any of several software packages on the net (I used ASF, but, joining files is pretty trivial stuff).

The above also has the added advantage of, making maintenance a whoooole lot simpler, for longer films.

Cheers from Curt in N.Z

what i did was reset the video camera to a lessor degree of resolution ( I went from fine to normal) this allowed me to save the videos I edited on movie maker to a disc or to the computer which was then uploaded to utube...

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    what i did was reset the video camera to a lessor degree of resolution ( I went from fine to normal) this allowed me to save the videos I edited on movie maker to a disc or to the computer which was then uploaded to utube...
    Same file type though?

yup..first time all was well..second time it wouldnt save to computer, to disc nothing..would start to save but then part of the way through just get a warning saying try again.. I assumed it was running out of memory even though I had plenty on the hard drive...then i thought maybe the camera was set too high in resolution using too much memory to process...so reset camera to lower res and bingo worked like a charm....

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    yup..first time all was well..second time it wouldnt save to computer, to disc nothing..would start to save but then part of the way through just get a warning saying try again.. I assumed it was running out of memory even though I had plenty on the hard drive...then i thought maybe the camera was set too high in resolution using too much memory to process...so reset camera to lower res and bingo worked like a charm....
    Yeah, that sounds like the problem. Your PC was probably running out of available memory while trying to encode, which will make movie maker crap out on you.