Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

missing Windows XP Style

Windows XP Support

Old 16-04-2008

missing Windows XP Style

I cannot find the default classic them on Windows XP. I had done a number of customization recently. But now I am not able to restore the same back to normal appearance. I want to switch back to classic them and it looks Windows XP is not having solution for the same. Ample of options in the customization part is grayed out. I need some help here. Is there any tool available to restore the theming issue of Windows.

Old 16-04-2008

You can simply go in the desktop properties and check back the same. Just right click on your pc and then choose properties. Then click on advance and click on performance section. There you will need to click on settings. You can go under the visual effect section and disable ample of options available for the same. You can try using system restore also. Or if you completely want to disable the theming stuff then just go msconfig services and remove the checkmark from themes. That will do the job.
Old 25-05-2009

I know this thread is really really old, but I just encountered this same problem. I have tried all of the fix it suggestions on this site, and others, and it still does show back up.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: