Thread: MS Sidewinder Game Pad Drivers

MS Sidewinder Game Pad Drivers

I bought Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad. I got that some months ago but never used it. I purchased it at the time when I was having Windows 98 on my pc. Now I had upgraded to Windows XP. I tried to install the gamepad on the pc but it is not working. It is detected but it does not move ahead with proper drivers installation. I am getting a message on the screen that no proper drivers found. In device manager also the device is marked as unknown.

RE: MS Sidewinder Game Pad Drivers

Mostly this kind of devices are plug and play. Once you connect them Windows manages the driver automatically. In Device Manager just right click on the same and choose update drivers. Follow the onscreen instructions. I am sure that will be enough to deal with the problem you are facing. Or else you can go in the official Microsoft website and collect the drivers updates. I am sure that will be another easier way to fix the problem.

Re: MS Sidewinder Game Pad Drivers

Just check the below link. You can find the drivers for specific hardware you are looking for. Just search for your device model and then simply download the drivers. Install it and then connect the mouse. I am sure that will be enough to make sidewinder work on your pc. It is right that most of this devices are plug and play. But as it belongs to the gaming series it might need more higher upgrades.

Microsoft Driver Download

There one more thing you can try. Go in Control Panel and there look for Game Controllers. In that click on Add and you can find a list on the bottom. There select Microsoft Sidewinder and enable AutoDetect. That's all. That will do the job. It is simply not complicated to install that manually. It is necessary that your system must have proper updates for the same or else it will be complicated to get the hardware work.