Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Changing Partition size on Main Volume

Windows XP Support

Old 12-04-2008

Changing Partition size on Main Volume

My system has Windows XP in it with 80GB hard drive. I had divided that into three parts. Among which around 25GB is occupied by Windows XP. It is the C drive of my system. The second and third partition is empty. Now I want to here to merge the pending two disk space. I just want to keep two. The partition size came with the system at the time of purchase. Now I want two merge the pending two one. How can I do that. I am not having any XP cd with me.

Old 12-04-2008

Re: Changing Partition size on Main Volume

You can do that through Disk Management. Just right click on My Computer > Manage. In that right click on the two partition one by one and delete them. Then you can simply create a new partition. When you delete those partitions both will merge to a separate raw partition which you can create back again. So that is more easier. Whatever data inside the two partition will be wiped out.
Old 12-04-2008

There is one more way to merge partition without formatting them. You can use Easeus partition master. It is one of the best tool to manage partition. It works really nice and there is no need to format the system. The partition manager tool is really comfortable to use and has ample of feature for advance partition management.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,