Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

Windows XP Support

Old 11-04-2008

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

I have Samsung MP3 Player, I have some important data present in it. I am no longer to retrieve it. Windows OS is able to detect the plugged in device but when I am trying to click on it I am getting error "E: is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

Well I am facing this issues I have plugged my device in MAC machine, I have created new folder and copied some files from there. I never had this kind of problem before with my Thumb Drive with my own MAC Machine. I dont want to format my device, as I have important present in it. Can you suggest me some better option to retrieve this data.

Old 11-04-2008

Re: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

I would suggest to do force mount your device on a Linux Machine. Since you have ntfs formatting system on your device, check to see if samba is installed on the Linux OS. For more assistance please read if you need help.

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mj...-f8.html#samba

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,