Thread: chkdsk without recovery console

chkdsk without recovery console

I am facing some boot issues. At some point my system failed to boot. But now it started working fine automatically. I am looking for some option by which I can simply run chkdsk without recovery console. Are there any more advance tools or commands available that can help me to fix ample of boot problems. I hope there would be some tool that can allow me to backup the boot sector and restore it instantly when I want.

Re: chkdsk without recovery console

You can use FIXMBR. It is a nice tool that can help you to repair problem related to MBR. It is a tiny utility with ample of easy commands to use. You will have to study the same a bit to understand it fully. I am giving you a link below that has ample of information on FIXMBR. Check the link below and then check out. In the same way you can also us Diskpart.

Fixmbr

The best way to deal with booting problem is system recovery. With ample of easy to use software you can create a system image file. You can restore that instantly with simple clicks. I had created a bootable system recovery CD using Acronis. Whenever there is problem with performance I am able to restore the same instantly. It is not complicated at all. Tools like Norton Ghost also does the same job and are used of instant recovery.

Norton Ghost is bit unstable in terms of recovery. It has problem with Windows. There are constant blue screen problem when you run recovery or when you boot your system after restoration. I am simply not able to understand the reason behind it. While yet I had not used Acronis. It looks some pending drivers cause the problem. I hope there will be some better option available to perform system recovery.

I am using another similar utility to fix boot issue. It is called as NTFS4Dos. The utility offers you similar option like chkdsk and you can fix ample of issues with it. The best way to use this is via bootablet disc. You can create a boot disc of the same and then run it. It works really fine without any problem. There are some different variants of NTFS4Dos available on the web. It is necessary that you first make a list of command used on the same before using. That will be more easier.