Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot change from classic logon prompt to Welcome screen

Windows XP Support

Old 08-04-2008

Cannot change from classic logon prompt to Welcome screen

I was trying to setup a Network printer in my small office using D-Link print server. As there were several problems occurring I left it as it is and will do it later on. Thatís not my problem as of now, I came here because the logon screen of the system on which I use to carry print server configuration somehow changed automatically to classic logon prompt. Earlier it was the default welcome screen of XP. When I try to change the classic logon screen to default welcome screen it gives me an error message saying:

"Client Services for NetWare has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast user switching. To restore these features, you must uninstall Client Services for NetWare."

For you information Iím trying changing it from Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on or off. Any idea what has gone wrong suddenly? All helps will be appreciated.

Old 08-04-2008

Re: Cannot change from classic logon prompt to Welcome screen

Most probably the cause of this error would be RPC service disabled. You should start the service to fix the issue. Just go to Start > Run > type services.msc and hit Enter. Now look for RPS service and set it to Automatic.

Now see if the problem is gone. If not, then check your Event Viewer log and see if these is any thing listed.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,