Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

ADOBE FLASH PLAYER INSTALL PROBLEM

Windows XP Support

Old 08-04-2008

Adobe Flash Player Install Problem

I have just bought a used Dell laptop that is running on Windows XP and when I am in yahoo messenger, I am getting a message asking me to download the adobe flash player. After following the link to adobe I download it but when am trying to install it, then I am getting a message "Install Failed--error 19166''. I have also changed some security settings as told but still it wont work. Any other ideas? thanks.

Old 08-04-2008

Re: ADOBE FLASH PLAYER INSTALL PROBLEM

Try to uninstall with Adobe's Flash Player Uninstaller from the below link:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

After that re-install from the below link
http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Old 11-04-2008

I think that something might be blocking Java or Flash. Incase they are getting blocked then you will get a message to install them even when they are installed. Have you tried to set your Internet Zone Security to default? In internet Explore, open Tools > Internet Options > Security and then press button for "Default level". After that go to Advanced and then scroll down to java and see if the checkbox is checked.
Old 11-04-2008

Thanks for the reply, but I dont see java on the advanced page. Can you tell me where exactly it is located.
Old 12-04-2008

Can you try to enable the "Active scripting" to allow java script to run. It is not in the Advanced tab, it is under custom settings for the security zone such as "Internet zone" or "Trusted Sites".
Old 20-05-2008

Thanks for the method, it is now working fine.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,