Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Xp not loading with a mouse/keyboard usb plugged

Windows XP Support

Old 08-04-2008

Xp not loading with a mouse/keyboard usb plugged

I am running Windows XP with SP2. If I am plugging a usb keyboard or mouse, and start the pc, then windows start loading and after that the screen goes black and nothing appears. I did an update of the bios, all the drivers and tried different usb hid drivers but cannot fix this issue. The computer is able to start with a pen drive plugged in but not with the keyboard and mouse? Thanks

Old 08-04-2008

Re: Xp not loading with a mouse/keyboard usb plugged

Have you checked in the bios for a setting to enable the use of a usb mouse and keyboard? It could be possible that the bios is set to not start the computer to load on a keyboard and mouse and therefore booting does not continue because it is not able to recognize that you have a usb keyboard connected.
Old 14-04-2008

Thanks for the information, I will try that and let you know whether it was able to solve the issue or not.
Old 16-04-2008

So I found out that there is not option on the bios to enable or disable that. When I disable the usb, then XP loads but there are no usb available. I have tried everything on the bios and all the options but nothing seems to be working. I will try to reinstall XP and see if that works though.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,