Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

NTLDR is compressed

Windows XP Support

Old 10-05-2005

NTLDR is compressed Error

I am facing problem with bootup of my system. I am getting a error on boot which says ntldr is compressed. When I press Ctrl + alt + Del and the system restarts. But still upon reboot I am getting exactly the same error. My system was really working well for last night. But not it is not at all turning on. What should I do to fix the problem.

Old 10-05-2005

Re: NTLDR is compressed

You will need to run recover installation of windows. Or else there is no way to fix the error. You are having a serious bug in your system. You can use some live bootable disc to backup your data and then you have to format your system and re-install everything back again. I am sure that is more than enough to deal with the problem you are facing. Just format your system.
Old 11-05-2005

You can fix the issue by using recovery looks. You can download hp recovery tools or compaq recovery tools from web and test out the same. First launch microsoft recovery console. The hit r for repair. You will need to enter windows directory here. The location by default is c:\windows. In that type attrib -c ntldr and hit enter. Then exit it and restart your pc.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: