Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Playing mp4 files.

Windows XP Support

Old 06-04-2008

Playing mp4 files.

Windows Media Player 11 on my system is not able to play mp4 files. I had tried ample of things to make this thing work but nothing happens. While it works really well with wmv files. I had recorded some videos using a camcorder which has mp4 file format. And I am using Nero 7 to burn them in a dvd. Just to ensure that those videos or fine or not I played in Windows media player which failed to work.

Old 09-07-2009

You can simply try to download and update codec pack fo windows media player from web. There is a codec pack available. After installing the same windows media player will be capable of reading ample of video and audio file format. If you are using Windows Vista then you can simply download Vista Codec pack which is available for free. Compare to windows media player vlc is more better in terms playing videos in different format.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,