Thread: How to put a program in Registry to run at startup (NOT: Startup folder !) ?

How to put a program in Registry to run at startup (NOT: Startup folder !) ?

I need some help here by putting a program on windows startup. I am using windows xp here. I want some programs to start when I turn my pc on. I do not want to use startup here. I tried that. But it did not worked well. I had seen that Windows registry is having some kind of options for the same. I am use the to access the application on boot. I tried a set of different settings but it did not worked. Can anyone here guide me for the same . How can simply add a application in the registry to launch it on boot.

Why don't you try schedule task here. It is one of the best way to launch applications on boot or whenever you want. Just go in control panel and click on it. In that you can set a application to launch when needed based on your requirements. There are some set of different settings which also you can try out. While for registry I will not recommend you to modify the same. Because if that is not done properly then you get issue.

There are some automatic launchers available which can do the job. You can download that from web and test it out. Automatic launchers are more easier to use and has ample of additional settings which you can try. Through this you can simply add as many applications as you want. Just download any kind of auto-launcher from the web and use it. Schedule task is also another great application here which works really well.

Here is a link that will help you to run a application through startup. It works really well and has ample of simple option for the configuration. You can read the link below completely. The settings are easy but you have to configure them properly or else you will face error on boot. Using Schedule task is a more easy option I think. There are set of automated tools available that can do the job of launching such applications.

How to Configure the Registry to Run an Application at Startup (Windows CE 5.0)

Re: How to put a program in Registry to run at startup (NOT: Startup folder !) ?

will the registry thing add an entry to your msconfig???