Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Maximize Windows Explorer

Windows XP Support

Old 31-03-2008

Maximize Windows Explorer

I need some help here. I want to open explorer maximized. Whenever I open it, it is minimized. I tried to find that in control panel under folder options but there is nothing listed. It is a bit annoying here. Can anyone guide me fix the issue that I am facing. I had simply installed a number of themes on my system and due to that I think due to that the problem occurred. Can anyone guide me here to enable the settings which I am looking for.

Old 31-03-2008

Re: Maximize Windows Explorer

There is no way for forcing Windows Explorer to open maximized. You have to write some kind of batch file which can help you to opens Windows Explorer. And the script will simply maximizes the window. That is one of the best way to do what you are looking for. I do not think you would be able to find any kind of script for the same on the web. But you can here try using some third party file explorer which works really well with more advance features.
Old 02-04-2008

RE: Maximize Windows Explorer

I too think you can use a third party windows explorer here. There ample of them available. I am using one that allows me to compare to editions of file side by side and works really well. There is no problem at all. You can simply find ample of them on the web through which you can simply get more advance options to navigate the files in windows. But for maximizing same try pressing Ctrl + E from the keyboard and see what you get.
Old 02-04-2008

Re: Maximize Windows Explorer

There are two ways of doing this. First you can simply launch explorer from a shortcut. That will simply load the browser well on the screen. You have to go in the properties by right clicking on that and choose Run dropdown as Maximized. The second thing you can do is resize window by stretching the window edges. That will extents the screen and works fine also. So just try this out and see what output you get.
Old 03-04-2008

I think windows explorer opens in the same way it was closed before. So if close it maximize then it will open back in the maximized way. So when you exist the explorer try to close it while maximized and then open it back again. I am sure that will be enough to fix the issue and you will get explorer in exactly the same way you are expecting. So this is simple I think. While using a third party file explorer is proper advice here.
Old 16-10-2008

I had this problem under Windows XP for a long time, but finally discovered a solution. Windows Explorer takes the size of its window from how Internet (sic) Explorer appeared when it was last closed. To make Windows Explorer default to opening maximized, open Internet Explorer, maximize it, and then close it. (If you close IE with a full-screen F11 view, Windows Explorer will open with icons instead of menus.)

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,