Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows live onecare family safety

Windows XP Support

Old 31-03-2008

windows live onecare family safety

I am not able to remove windows live onecare. If I am trying then I am getting Fatal error during installation. Also the solution from the microsoft kb article also gives the same error message. I am running Windows XP SP2 on a dell XPS computer. The issue seems to be that I never got around to install the product when I had the chance. That is, when I installed SP2, I allowed the product to be installed. But I did nto set it up by selecting any available options it might have. So, it was there on the pc but not configured. Can anyone tell me how to remove it? Thanks.

Old 31-03-2008

Re: windows live onecare family safety

You can try to fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled by reading over here - http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Pr..._and_Uninstall
Old 31-03-2008

Thanks for the link but that didnt help. Any more ideas?
Old 09-06-2008

First of all you will need to log in as an admin in your computer. After that click on Start and then select run and then type appwiz.cpl in it. Now try to uninstall next to the entry for Windows Live Family Safety in the box that appears. Just follow the next steps and it will be removed.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: