Thread: Hardware acceleration

Hardware acceleration

If I am using Nero Vision to burn DVDs then I am getting an error message at starting the Nero Program that says "Hardware acceleration is deactivated. Some capture devices may not work properly. You can activate hardware acceleration using the Direct X diagnostics tool". I dont know about directx diagnostics tool and how to get there and use it. But when going into Control Panel > Display > Settings and clicking on Advanced, I can see the Hardware Acceleration which is set to full. So, it seems that it is set and activated? The issue that I am facing is that none of my burning programs will do a dual layer disc. I am running Windows XP on my system. Can anyone please help.

Re: Hardware acceleration

There could be an issue between the Video driver and the burner driver. You can try to run the command DXDIAG to check what is going on in your Video acceleration. After turning off the built-in burning feature in Windows, it could help you with the dual layer problem. Just right click on the drive icon in Windows Explorer and uncheck it on the Recording tab.

Thanks for the reply, but I am still having the issue. After running the Dxdiag and everything checked out ok as what I could see. All tests looks to be working fine and I was prompted about it. But when going to the Display tab, I checked that the DirectX features are not available. The enable and disable buttongs are greyed out and I am not able to figure out why or if this should be? After going to Drivers in device manager I found a yellow question mark on Other Drivers - Video controller (VGA Compatable)? Any ideas

Can you go to Start and then Run and then type DEVMGMT.MSC and then highlight the VGA compatible device > Action Menu > Uninstall, dont put a check in 'delete driver', and then Action menu > Scan for hardware Changes to find the device drivers again automatically.

Till the time the website for the maker of your system gives the drivers for the chipset or video, you will not going to find it anywhere else. It seems to me that there could be a limitation of Nero, or your Hardware drivers.

Just curious if you were ever able to fix this Hardware Accelerator error?

The hardware accleration is a feature of most video cards. It is usually dont to boost performance in visual presentations like games. But they mainly require DirectX compatible drivers that are usually not delivered within XP itself. You might be able to get the latest available drivers from the pc manufacturer itself.

Just curious if you ever were able to fix the Hardware Acceleration problem you were having, with it being disabled per Nero application when burning process was being run?

i had solved by installing a driver to the monitor
    install a Graphics Media Accelerator Driver according to your motherboard requirement
    get it from the site of your motherboard