Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

.MSWMM File Isn't supported by Windows Movie Maker

Windows XP Support

Old 27-03-2008

.MSWMM File Isn't supported by Windows Movie Maker

There was movie that I made with Windows Movie Maker and the file format for that movie was .MSWMM. I guess that it could be an older version of WMM. The issue is that I have 5.1 and it will give me a message when I try to import the below:

MSWMM is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker.

If it is made with the same program then how it is possible? Can anyone tell me what to do now? Thanks.

Old 27-03-2008

Re: .MSWMM File Isn't supported by Windows Movie Maker

Have you tried to open the folder with the .mswmm project file saved in and then double click on it? Is it able to launch the Movie Maker then?
Old 27-03-2008

Yeah I have it open when WMM gives me the unsupported popup as well, whether if I try to import or play it, WMM is not able to recognize its own file extension?
Old 27-03-2008

I dont think you can import a .mswmm file. You will need to open the folder the file is saved in and then double click on it. Then it will launch the Movie Maker. If you want to open the file from within Movie Maker, then go to File and then Open Project and then to the .mswmm file.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,