Thread: diskpart in Recovery Console doesn't allow activation of partition

diskpart in Recovery Console doesn't allow activation of partition

My system is not working properly. It fails to boot. It is having windows xp in it. It looks like some problem with the boot.ini file. I tried some steps through recovery console but that did not worked. I was just trying to create a separate partition through Disk Management. But later on the system simply fails to boot. After creating the partition I restarted the pc and got the error. I am now trying to use diskpart which also looks like not working well. I want to create and delete some partition here.

Re: diskpart in Recovery Console doesn't allow activation of partition

Here is a link available that can help you in fixing the problem you are facing. The following link has complete reference on using Diskpart. Just memorize the command below. I think you are not able to pass the right command due to which you are getting the problem. It is quiet necessary that whatever parameters you are trying must be appropriate. Or else this kind of issues are common.

DiskPart

Re: diskpart in Recovery Console doesn't allow activation of parti

Instead of using Diskpart better use the xp installation disc to create partition. If you are having data in your pc then you can download any linux live cd and boot your system through that. It will help you to access the stored files. Whichever partition is readable will be available in the linux disc and you can then move your data. That is the only easiest way to fix the problem you are facing. Just backup first and re-install windows back.

Recovery console is not really great in fixing the problem of windows. I think you had some settings which has affected windows partition. Now if you want to restore them you can use a utility called as testdisk. It comes in bootable cd form also. Through that you can restore your any existing deleted partition. It is really helpful to recover data from partition which has being deleted accidentally.