Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

.MSWMM Converter. . .

Windows XP Support

Old 22-03-2008

.MSWMM Converter. . .

I just have finished making a movie using Windows Movie Maker and I am trying to upload it on youtube. The issue that I am getting is that youtube didnt support the file type .mswmm. I have downloaded serveral different converters, but none of them are working. Can anyone tell me whether there is a converter out there to convert these files? Thanks.

Old 22-03-2008

Re: .MSWMM Converter. . .

The .mswmm files are usually just the project files for your movie project that you have made. You should try t save that *.mswmm as a *.wmv file and for that no special convertor softwares are required. Just check the Windows Movie Maker help page on saving the projects as movies.
Old 22-03-2008

When you are making a movie project then all you need to do is go to File > Save movie as. After that follow the prompts and your movie will be automatically saved as .wmv file, which can be then uploaded on youtube.
Old 24-12-2008

hello, I am kinda new to this, when I click Publish Move I click this computer, then save it to videos.. after that it closes.. I dont get settings, can you help me ?
Old 21-04-2009

RE: .MSWMM Converter. . .

I am using Windows Vista and I want to convert a project from .mswmm any other video file format on Windows Movie Maker and I have looked on the comments and I still cannot do it, so is there any updates of Windows Movie Maker that I can use to convert this files?
Old 11-09-2009

the original windows movie maker given to you upon installation of Vista or XP will always have a working Movie Maker which converts, creates and publishes .avi, ,mpg etc etc... its a very simple process, all you have to do is make sure no other programs are running in the background as converting usually takes up a lot of MEM usage and CPU power, so i suggest just running the project file and windows movie maker, once you have your project open in windows movie maker (MSWMM file) then click:
File> Save Movie File> Highlight "my computer" option> click next > name the file and make sure you remember the location of your video as it will be stored there> click next> and then next again, this will then start converting your video to a video related format, once done check the lcoation you saved your video in and it should be available and playable in Windows Media Player.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,