Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Missing Start Menu

Windows XP Support


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 20-03-2008
Bgwlgrls
 
Posts: n/a
Missing Start Menu

My start menu and taskbar are missing from my desktop. I cannot figure out
what happened or how to get them back. Please HELP!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21-03-2008
Mark L. Ferguson
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Missing Start Menu

Press Ctrl-Escape. If it appears it's just hidden. Rightclick the taskbar,
and properties to change that.
If not, you can try the repair tool from kelleys-korner.
Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

--
Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer
Mark L. Ferguson
..

"Bgwlgrls" <Bgwlgrls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9FD86DE0-DFCC-48B5-A4AD-4A6578A23F65@microsoft.com...
> My start menu and taskbar are missing from my desktop. I cannot figure out
> what happened or how to get them back. Please HELP!


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-03-2008
nass
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Missing Start Menu



"Bgwlgrls" wrote:

> My start menu and taskbar are missing from my desktop. I cannot figure out
> what happened or how to get them back. Please HELP!


After the Windows Logo displays or after you log on to Windows, a Windows
XP-based computer may only display the wallpaper, a black screen, or a blue
screen
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;318027
Line 164. Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...top_fixall.vbs

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
Make sure the machine is malware/virus free by scanning with an up2date
security software.
HTH.
nass
----
http://www.nasstec.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-03-2008
Bgwlgrls
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Missing Start Menu

Ctrl-Escape did nothing. I don't have the taskbar either.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Press Ctrl-Escape. If it appears it's just hidden. Rightclick the taskbar,
> and properties to change that.
> If not, you can try the repair tool from kelleys-korner.
> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
>
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer
> Mark L. Ferguson
> .
>
> "Bgwlgrls" <Bgwlgrls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9FD86DE0-DFCC-48B5-A4AD-4A6578A23F65@microsoft.com...
> > My start menu and taskbar are missing from my desktop. I cannot figure out
> > what happened or how to get them back. Please HELP!

>

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-03-2008
Bgwlgrls
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Missing Start Menu

I have everything on my desktop but the start menu and the taskbar.

"nass" wrote:

>
>
> "Bgwlgrls" wrote:
>
> > My start menu and taskbar are missing from my desktop. I cannot figure out
> > what happened or how to get them back. Please HELP!

>
> After the Windows Logo displays or after you log on to Windows, a Windows
> XP-based computer may only display the wallpaper, a black screen, or a blue
> screen
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;318027
> Line 164. Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...top_fixall.vbs
>
> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
> Make sure the machine is malware/virus free by scanning with an up2date
> security software.
> HTH.
> nass
> ----
> http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-03-2008
Bgwlgrls
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Missing Start Menu

The taskbar repair tool fixed it. Thanks sooo much! My husband would have
flipped me if I screwed up the computer.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Press Ctrl-Escape. If it appears it's just hidden. Rightclick the taskbar,
> and properties to change that.
> If not, you can try the repair tool from kelleys-korner.
> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
>
> --
> Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer
> Mark L. Ferguson
> .
>
> "Bgwlgrls" <Bgwlgrls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9FD86DE0-DFCC-48B5-A4AD-4A6578A23F65@microsoft.com...
> > My start menu and taskbar are missing from my desktop. I cannot figure out
> > what happened or how to get them back. Please HELP!

>

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-03-2008
Bgwlgrls
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Missing Start Menu

I got it fixed. Thanks for your help!

"nass" wrote:

>
>
> "Bgwlgrls" wrote:
>
> > My start menu and taskbar are missing from my desktop. I cannot figure out
> > what happened or how to get them back. Please HELP!

>
> After the Windows Logo displays or after you log on to Windows, a Windows
> XP-based computer may only display the wallpaper, a black screen, or a blue
> screen
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;318027
> Line 164. Restore Taskbar to Default Functionality
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...top_fixall.vbs
>
> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
> Make sure the machine is malware/virus free by scanning with an up2date
> security software.
> HTH.
> nass
> ----
> http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Missing Start Menu"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start Menu - All Programs are missing bjude Vista Help 4 09-11-2011 01:23 AM
How can i restore start menu icon which is missing Agathe Operating Systems 7 26-09-2010 04:33 AM
Windows XP undock option is missing from Start Menu Badrunath Portable Devices 3 15-07-2009 11:47 PM
control panel icon missing from start menu Gaffigana Windows XP Support 6 13-06-2008 02:39 AM
Missing shortcuts and folders in Start Menu Kishan Windows XP Support 3 08-02-2008 10:48 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:16 PM.