Thread: Double-click won't work to open docs or folders

Double-click won't work to open docs or folders

Suddenly my mouse stopped working. When I double click on any document it does not open up. I tried clicking the same number of time but does not looks to be working well. I had checked the mouse settings also, they look appropriate. First I was getting issue with freezing.The system freezes in between and then starts working back to normal after few seconds. I am nto able to find any option for the same. My cpu usage simply pops up to 100% and when I reboot it goes back to normal.

Re: Double-click won't work to open docs or folders

For the mouse I can only recommend you to update the drivers. That is the only thing that can help. You have to go on Device Manager and then right click on the mouse. Click on update drivers. That's all. If that does not work then the issue lies with mouse click. It is damaged. You will need to simply replace the same. Ample of time you have to click very hard to launch any program. Which can be fixed by replacing the mouse.
    Last edited by dr.nil; 22-04-2008 at 02:37 PM.

For mouse the only thing I can suggest is simply replace it. While for freezing thing it looks your system is having a virus. Boot your pc in safe mode first. Then scan it with a good antivirus. I think that will be more better in fixing the issue. If virus is detected then you will need to scan your system thoroughly unless the virus is not completely wiped out. You can download more powerful antivirus scanners from the web and test them on your pc.
    Last edited by dr.nil; 22-04-2008 at 02:37 PM.

I had also gone through a similar problem. My system usage hikes to 100% so instantly that I am not able to open Explorer also. It looks your mouse is fine, but as your system is freezing up you are getting the issue. It is recommended that you must simply run a repair setup of windows. This will be more appropriate in fixing the issue. The repair setup here is capable of fixing damage system files. You can use windows installation disc for the same. I think that will be more helpful here.

It is a clear virus issue. Boot to windows and press Ctrl + Alt + Del and hit enter. In the process go to explorer.exe and terminate the processor. If the cpu usage goes down then it means there is a trojan in your pc. You will have to format your windows and install it back. Try to backup data from your system as soon as you can and then go for a clean setup. Next time after fresh installation do not forget to download and install a good antivirus in your system. Like norton.

Download and install Hijackthis in your pc. Run task manager and not down the name of service which is eating maximum ram. Run Hijackthis. The tool will scan your pc and generate a log report in the end. In that you can find the list of all running services. Using the log you can locate the location of that running service and find the associated program. Simply uninstall the same from your pc and then test back. I think this would be enough to fix the problem.

Did you tried system restore. You must do that first. System restore is a quick way to restore your systems old settings instantly. It works really fine and fixes problem that generate usually in your system. You just need to run that and choose the oldest date. Remember that it will remove any recently installed application. But it work fine. You can do this after running a full system scan through a good antivirus. That will be more helpful.

Boot your system in safe mode first. Go in Control Panel > Add/Remote Programs. Click on the application which are installed and then click on uninstall. Do this for all applications which are not required. Then restart your pc back in normal mode and check back. If it works then there are chances of getting proper output. But if that also fails then the only option left is format as mentioned above. Clean format is time consuming but really effective to eal with virus issues.

I can recommend you some rescue disk here which you can use to fix the issue. The first one which I use is BitDefender Rescue Disk. Just download and burn it on a dvd. Boot your system with that and run a full system scan. This will scan your system for virus and clean them. You can later on boot to normal mode and use another better antivirus for the same process. I think this is quiet enough to fix the issue. the other two bootable dvd is AVG Rescue CD and Kaspersky Rescue Disk.

The bootable antivirus scanner will just act as a cleaning processor to save your files. But that is that not better option here. Ample of branded systems here comes with a recovery partition. You just need to press a set of key combination and you can restore your system completely. It is simply worth to use. And when you have only option left then you can create a system image via clonezilla or norton ghost and use it for recovery purpose.