Thread: page_fault in non-paged_area ntfs.sys Stop 0x00000050 in anymode

page_fault in non-paged_area ntfs.sys Stop 0x00000050 in anymode

I have an old ThinkPad laptop running with Windows XP Service Pack 2. I am using this laptop/Windows since long years and never had any problem but yesterday while running an Online Update suddenly I received a BlueScreen with the error code saying:

“page_fault in non-paged_area ntfs.sys Stop 0x00000050.”

Since then the laptop is not able to boot anymore. It keeps on looping restart as soon as the XP logo appears on the screen and with the same BSOD with the same error code. As per troubleshooting I ran RAM test which seems to be fine, tried booting in Safe Mode, Last Good known Configuration, Recovery Console, but all ends with BSOD.

I tried to re-install Windows XP by inserting its installation disk but during the setup I cannot see any drive to install windows. Even the hidden partition that is IBM recovery ends up with BSOD. I don’t have any idea left. Can anyone please tell me what could be the problem? Many Thanks.

Re: page_fault in non-paged_area ntfs.sys Stop 0x00000050 in anymode

If the installation is not working as well i think you should try out some Live CD and see what the problem is. The best i can suggest you is BartPE disk. Download the same and run chkdsk /r.

You can download (BartPE) bootable live windows CD-DVD from here: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Re: page_fault in non-paged_area ntfs.sys Stop 0x00000050 in anymo

Thank you very much for the help buddy. I downloaded and tried runing Bart PE but unfortunately it is also not able to run CHKDSK as ntfs partitions (are not mounted. I can only see the CD drive while booting with this live CD.

As suggested by my friend i also tried Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (bootable) for XP SP2 environment, but that also gives me the same bad result.

Any other help please?

www.indiagarage.com

Re: page_fault in non-paged_area ntfs.sys Stop 0x00000050 in anymode

i m having the same problem apart frm dat it is not even installing windows xp every time i try to either install new windows or repair previous windows my pc shows same error if i connect this HDD to another HDD installed with windows XP(working fine) that also doesnt work and computer reboots I hv tried to change RAM also bt it didnt work out so can anyone plz. help me out!!!!