Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

"last attempt to restart the system from previous location failed"

Windows XP Support

Old 18-03-2008

"last attempt to restart the system from previous location failed"

I’m using a Windows XP system. Today morning after installing a small software I rebooted my system. During boot I received a message saying “last attempt to restart the system from previous location failed.” This is the first time I have seen this message on Windows. Can anyone please tell me what is it and how can I fix this? Is it going to delete any data from my hard drive?

Please help.

Old 18-03-2008

Re: "last attempt to restart the system from previous location failed"

Which application did you installed after which the problem occurred? Until you reply you should reboot the system and go into Safe Mode by pressing F8 on restart, and choose Safe Mode. Run a System Restore. This will fix the problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,