Thread: How do I find out when user XXX logged in+out on last Tuesday? Event log entry possible?

How do I find out when user XXX logged in+out on last Tuesday? Event log entry possible?

Can anyone tell me a way to find out when any user logged in and out from Windows XP like on last Wednesday? I think that there might be an event log entry written? But I dont see it? Is there anything that needs to be enabled like "User logon/logoff event log records" somewhere? Incase these kind of events are not logged then are there some different ways to check even log records when users log off? Thanks.

Re: How do I find out when user XXX logged in+out on last Tuesday? Event log entry possible?

The events that you are looking for are logged in the security event logger file.

Re: How do I find out when user XXX logged in+out on last Tuesday? Event log entry possible?

Check out the Advanced Security Audit Policy Settings over here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...=ws.10%29.aspx

All you need to do is enable Auditing. For same go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Local Policies (expand it) > Audit Policy > Audit Account Logon Events and then enable both success and failure attempts. After that simply restart the pc.