Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows can not boot due to missing MSVCP60.DLL File.

Windows XP Support

Old 18-03-2008

Windows can not boot due to missing MSVCP60.DLL File.

I am not able to boot up my pc. I am running Windows XP with SP2. If I am turning it on then it says that windows cannot boot up due to missing MSVCP60.DLL. I also cannot go to safe mode or use the last known working configuration. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Old 18-03-2008

Re: Windows can not boot due to missing MSVCP60.DLL File.

Check the article on "How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP" from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917964
Old 18-03-2008

Re: Windows can not boot due to missing MSVCP60.DLL File.

Actually, before running a repair install of XP, run the XP System File Checked process called as scannow sfc. It is very simple to run and less painful then the repair install process and should solve the issue for you. Check the below link for more information:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true
Old 30-05-2010

I had same prob...[Here's what i did]
I went to another computer downloaded msvcp60.dll onto a disk then booted the faulty computer in xp repair mode with the xp disk.
Once i was at the c:\windows prompt, i swapped disks with the one that had the msvcp60.dll file and then typed :
copy e:\msvcp60.dll c:\windows\system32\system
this copied the file back to where it should be and now the PC boots up fine..

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,