Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

VGA Controller

Windows XP Support

Old 18-03-2008

VGA Controller

Last week I reformatted my entire hard drive and re-installed Windows XP Home. Installed all required applications and drivers. Everything worked fine so far. But when I updated my Video driver which is SIS 741, since then my system started rebooting or shutting down itself.

I?m sure the problem is with this Video Card driver because as long as I keep it disabled, system works fine and when I enable it again, problem starts again. But the problem is I cant keep it disabled as I cannot play games or watch movies. I have no idea what can I do to fix this problem.

Please help.

Old 29-03-2008

Re: VGA Controller

The very first thing you need to do is download the video drivers from its Official SIS website and install. If you have done the same the problem is occurring then simply restart the computer and boot into Safe Mode by tapping F8 key on bootup. Once in Safe Mode uninstall the video drive and reboot into normal mode. See if windows reinstalls it automatically and the problem gets fixed.

If still not then you will need to download all latest version of BIOS, latest Drivers of motherboard and install all recent patches from Windows Update. Let me know the results.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,