Thread: East Asian Languages install? Original disk isn't SP2!!

East Asian Languages install? Original disk isn't SP2!!

I’m using a Windows XP Home based HP Laptop for my professional tasks. As per one of my tasks in need to go through few Japanese programs and websites but as my windows is in English language I don’t get those programs or websites displayed properly. Hence I went to Control panel > regional options > add languages > languages. Here I clicked on ‘Install east Asian languages’.

It shows me a message that it will download about 230MB to install the same. I clicked OK for the confirmation but then it says me to insert XP home edition service pack 2 CD. Now from where can I bring this? I have my XP Home Edition CD but it is not SP2.

Please help. How can I get the Japanese programs/websites displayed properly?

RE: East Asian Languages install? Original disk isn't SP2!!

There are two ways I can suggest you but first I would like to know what happens when it asks for SP2 CD and if you put your Home edition CD without SP2? Does it recognizes the disk? If yes, does it gives any error message?

Until you reply, here is the first solution. Download Service Pack 2 from Microsoft Download Center and Slipstream the same to your Windows XP Home CD. You can do it simply by following the steps provided here: http://www.simplyguides.net/guides/u...streamer.shtml.

Secondly, you can load the websites in Internet Explorer and change the language of your browser.