Thread: Text on desktop icons has background color - not transparent

Text on desktop icons has background color - not transparent

Me and my friend were trying to pull out an old presentation from powerpoint to word. Don’t know what went wrong with the system, there was no problem with the presentation or word but suddenly the entire desktop theme got messed. Each icons present on desktop turned into background color instead od being transparent. I have never seen such behavior before. Also the wallpaper that was set on desktop got zoomed.

I tried to fix all these changes, was able to fix the wallpaper easily but unable to fix the icons. I tried to fix it from system settings as well by marking/unmarking the option use/not use drop shadows but yet the same thing. Can anyone help me out here getting his icon text transparent as before ?

There are few workarounds to fix such icon problems on desktop, lets try out all of them. First of all start going to Control Panel> System >Advanced > Performance Settings > Visual Effects. Check mark the option "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" and restart the system. (I know you tried but do it again and restart).

Another way is to clear Lock Web items. You can do this by Right Clicking on Desktop. First click on “Arrange iCons by” and below is the option for Lock Web items. Third workaround is to ensure there is no web content on your desktop. You can check this by going to control panel, click on display properties. Now go to Desktop Tab and click on Customize Desktop Tab. Here you need to clear all check boxes. Also try changing your desktop wallpaper. Because if it is an HTML wallpaper, you may face such problems.

Try out all these and restart your system. See if it helps.

I has encounter this problem before and i see that for each computer there is some solution that work and some solution that does not work at all. But the cause of this problem is from active desktop. i find that there are many solution at this you can check it

Just wanted to thank Alan Edwards for his brilliant response which worked immediately.

Also make sure the images are either jpeg or bitmap windows dosent handle png images very well.

Re: Text on desktop icons has background color - not transparent

My sincere THANKS to Life spring . His advice had immediate effect on my desktop. Well done .

Re: Text on desktop icons has background color - not transparent

Thank U very Much.....from ur side only i got cleared...great...super...thanks