Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Client Services for Network Must Be Uninstalled

Windows XP Support

Old 12-03-2008

Client Services for Network Must Be Uninstalled

I was trying to help a friend with a log-on issue in XP home and I tried to go into the User Accounts screen in Control Panel to change how he logs on. But I got an error message stating that "Client Services for Netware has disabled the welcome screen and fast user switching." It will tell in order to restore them, you must uninstall the Client Services for Netware. I am not able to find it anywhere so that I can remove it. Can anyone help me?

Old 12-03-2008

Re: Client Services for Network Must Be Uninstalled

You can uninstall Client Services for Netware in the properties sheet for the network adapter. You can take a look at this article from microsoft for more info. Error Message When You Try to Turn On Welcome Screen or Fast User Switching
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315347
Old 12-03-2008

Thanks for the suggestions I will use the information that you have given some time later. But I was wondering how did the Novell Client get installed on a computer that is used primarily for word processing and email?
Old 12-03-2008

I cannot tell you for sure, but it could be possible that its a program that he might have installed on his computer that added it to his network connection.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: